Custom Rubber Transfer Molding Manufacturer
Transfer Molding is molding is when a preform (specific size and weight of uncured rubber) is placed into the transfer pot. The ram is then closed pushing the uncured rubber through the runner and gate system into the part cavity. The pressure of the press holds the mold closed. The rubber is held in the heated cavity for a specific amount of time to properly cure the rubber into its final shape.
The Pros and Cons of Transfer Molding
- Good for high precision applications
- Can accommodate over-mold or rubber bonded to metal or other material parts
- Good for colored compounds of rubber
- Labor intensive compared to injection molding
- Higher tooling costs than compression tools
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
try searching for a keyword below.
Contact us today for a free estimate.
"*" indicates required fields