Rubber Manufacturer for Locomotive Industry
Lake Erie Rubber is a custom rubber manufacturer based in Erie, Pennsylvania. For over six decades, we have specialized in injection molding, compression molding, and transfer molding, producing parts for a wide variety of applications in many different industries. Among the many industries we serve is the rail industry, manufacturing rubber parts for locomotives that are safe and compliant with government regulations. This includes rubber bumpers, cable cleats, electrical insulators, sand nozzles, custom grommets, custom bellows, and rubber cushions.
Our manufacturing capabilities include options for using different types of rubber: natural rubber, silicone, EPDM, nitrile, NBR, and neoprene, among many others. Learn more about choosing the right rubber for your specific application.
The following is a list of just some of the rubber parts we can manufacture for the locomotive industry:
- Cable Cleats. Rubber cable cleats are used to secure and support cables along the length of a locomotive, and are designed to hold multiple cables in place. We manufacture rubber cable cleats and use materials that are self extinguishing and some meet specific dielectric requirements.
- Electrical Insulators. Rubber electrical insulators are used to prevent electrical current from causing damage. We can specify materials that will pass specific non-conductive requirements and can do some testing in house for this.
- Sand Nozzles. Sand nozzles are used to improve traction by spraying sand onto train tracks. We use special abrasion resistant materials in our sand nozzles to provide a long life span despite the constant sand abrasion exposure.
- Custom Grommets. Rubber grommets are used for insulation for wires, hoses, and cables. We manufacture and supply custom grommets for cable protection for large high voltage cables.
- Bellows. Rubber bellows are used as a protective cover for various mechanical components in the locomotive industry. We manufacture bellows and have experience developing materials to improve durability for critical bellow applications.
- Bumpers. Bumpers act as a shock absorber and are designed to protect a locomotive from vibrations and impacts. We provide rubber bonded to metal insert bumpers for specific applications.
- Vibration isolators. Rubber vibration isolators are used to reduce vibration and shock between parts of a locomotive. We manufacture rubber vibration isolators, including some that meet requirements for exposure to fuel and other chemicals.
- Custom Strain Reliefs. Rubber strain reliefs, or cable strain reliefs, are used to connect cables or wires to the locomotive’s electrical components. We manufacture rubber strain reliefs for electrical connections.
Rubber Parts from Lake Erie Rubber
These are just some examples of our vast capabilities when it comes to manufacturing rubber parts for the rail and locomotive industry. We can provide customized solutions to meet your specific needs, and have years of experience providing quality custom rubber parts for companies throughout this industry. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you with all of your rubber manufacturing needs.